The Truth About Erectile Dysfunction
Are you searching for ways to improve your sex life?
Are you self-conscious about your ability to initiate or maintain an erection?
Is your sexual dysfunction negatively affecting your relationship?
Are you struggling with self-esteem in the bedroom?
Well, we have good news…
We can help you reclaim the intimacy and confidence that you thought was lost forever.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Also referred to as impotence, it is the inability to initiate or maintain an erection that is necessary for sexual intercourse. According to Maldonado-Reed and Lue, (2016) “Approximately 50% of men between the ages of 40 and 70 years have some degree of erectile deficiency (ED).” ED affects approximately 30 million males in the United States. Unfortunately, many men are not comfortable seeking help due to feelings of embarrassment.
How does an erection occur?
Initiating an erection is both a physical and mental phenomenon. Under normal circumstances, the arteries supplying blood to the penis are only partially open. However, upon arousal, a hormonal trigger signals the arteries to open fully, which enables blood to enter the corpora cavernosa (erectile tissue of the penis). This tissue contains most of the blood in the penis that is activated during an erection. When the brain stops sending the appropriate signals of sexual arousal the arteries return to their normal state and the penis becomes flaccid.
Why Does Erectile Dysfunction Occur?
There is an interruption in the signal between the brain and the reproductive system. Some of the most common causes of ED include:
- Low Self-Esteem
- Neurological Conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
There is a disruption in the blood flow to the penis which can be caused by:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Clogged Blood Vessels (Atherosclerosis)
- High Cholesterol
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Or Other Drug Use
- Medication Side Effects
- Low Testosterone
Various kinds of trauma to the tissue surrounding the penis can also lead to ED. These can include:
- Peyronie’s disease (development of scar tissue inside the penis)
- Radiation Treatment due to Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Issues
Traditional Treatment Options:
- Phosphodiesterase type-5 inhibitors (PDE5is): sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil, and avanafil
- Lifestyle modifications
- Pharmacotherapeutic options, such as intraurethral alprostadil, intracorporal injection therapy, vacuum erection devices, and surgery (penile revascularization and penile prosthesis implantation.
The problem with these treatment options is an intolerance to side effects, cost limitations, and unsatisfactory outcomes. These options merely mask symptoms, instead of providing a cure. The good news is that there are solutions.
A Revolutionary Breakthrough in the Treatment for ED has Been Discovered and is now being offered to our patients at Inlet Physical Medicine & Rejuvenation Center
We identify the underlying cause of ED by offering a physical exam, medical history, current medication review, and interactions, with comprehensive bloodwork
We recommend appropriate lifestyle modification plans to improve the erectile function that includes:
- Weight loss
- Smoking Cessation Plans
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
One of our newest and most effective treatments is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
This is a relatively new approach to tissue regeneration by using growth factors to target cells that influence healing in muscles, tissues, and nerves (Garg & Manchanda, 2017).
Our PRP Preparation Technique:
- Blood is collected in our clinic by a trained phlebotomist.
- We use a scientifically calibrated centrifuge technique to maximize sample size.
- We use state of the art extraction kits for standardization. This allows us to obtain the most accurate PRP product.
- A potent anesthetic cream is used before the procedure to improve patient comfort.
- The PRP product is activated and delivered into specific areas of the penis.
- The procedure is performed by a licensed provider that was trained and certified by PRP Life.
Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- It is a safe procedure with no known side effects
- The procedure is performed in-office and lasts about 30 minutes
- It produces improvement in erectile function almost immediately
- Longer, firmer, and more consistent erections
- Provides heightened sensitivity during intimacy leading to increased pleasure
- Help reduce issues of premature ejaculation
- Most men report on average a 10-15% increase in size after the procedure. Although gaining size is not our objective, it is certainly a welcoming side effect for most men.
- It is effective even in cases that were unresponsive to other treatment methods
Learn more about this amazing breakthrough – read more.
RHEO + Allograft Combined in first PRP Treatment
This is our Gold option for men wanting the absolute best results possible. This stem-cell combination therapy is used to replenish depleted endothelial cells and cavernous smooth muscle content within the penis.
- Human-derived Extracellular Matrix harvested from prescreened, full term, Cesarean section donors. It is processed and cryopreserved to exacting ATB (American Tissue Bank) and FDA standards.
- Immunoprivileged, placental tissue is an ECM that is protected from rejections. It is a combination of Amniotic Membrane and Wharton’s Jelly.
- There have been four published clinical trials showing positive outcomes in ED patients treated with stem cells. The causes of ED in the subjects studied were organic (non-disease), diabetes, and radical prostatectomy (Maldonado & Lue, 2016).
Smart Wave Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction
This innovative and highly effective therapy is an innovative approach to treating ED conditions. So, what is Smart Wave Therapy and how does it help erectile dysfunction?
- Smart Wave therapy focuses on blood vessels and stimulating neovascularization in the shaft of the penis and crura
- This therapy uses low-intensity sounds waves to overcome the vascular deficiency
- Smart Wave therapy is noninvasive and effective without medication
- The benefits
- Proven clinical results
- Light, compact, and mobile
- Long-term effects
- Pain-free, short treatments with no reported side-effects
- Creates Angiogenesis by utilizing the body’s natural healing capabilities
- Suitable for additional urological indications
- A high rate of satisfaction after two years post-treatment
- Results confirmed by a double-blind placebo-controlled study
Sexual Wellness Male Pump
- Allows Cavernosum to expand improving neovascularization and blood flow
- State of the Art equipment provided to ensure comfort and maximum results
- Post-procedural therapy used at home
- Easy to use, noninvasive, and effective without medication
- Improve ejaculatory disorders
- Restore overall sexual function
- Correct penile curvature caused by Peyronie’s disease
- Aides erection capacity of a penis with repetitive device use
- Improve erections caused by erectile disorders and impotence
If you want to reclaim the sexual vitality you thought was lost in your 20s or 30s we are here to help.
We offer a free consultation to determine if our ED treatment program is right for you.
Click here to schedule your appointment and regain what has been lost.